All our candles come with information about how to properly burn your candle so that you can safely enjoy your Mshumaa bespoke candle. Please consult before burning.
- Burn for no more than 4 hours at a time.
- Trim the wick to 1/4" before each use. This will help prevent soot and extend the life of the candle.
- Keep candles away from children and pets.
- Keep candles away from curtains or anything around the candle that could ignite. It's best to burn away from easily combustible materials such as drapery or bedding fabrics.
- Always keep candles in sight when in use.
- Never move a burning candle. Allow the candle to cool and solidify before moving. The candle, container and/or wax can become extremely hot when in use.
- Use a candle plate to protect surfaces. Never put a candle directly on a surface that is flammable or could be damaged by heat or oil.
- If wick develops a mushroom carbo tip, extinguish the candle, allow to completely cool and remove the tip by pinching between fingers using a tissue.
- Do not burn candles in a draft.
For more Candle Safety Rules please visit the NCA's Candle Safety Page www.candles.org/fire-safety-candles